Intro to Off-Loom Bead Weaving with Daria Tittenberger
Over the course of four weeks you will learn a variety of off-loom bead weaving techniques such as the even and odd count peyote stitch, the circular peyote stitch, how to properly secure and tie off working threads, and how to follow charted designs. By the end of the workshop you will be able to create your own charted peyote stitch design and will have created 1- 3 pieces of peyote stitched jewelry.
Supply kit fee: $20
Registration deadline: May 25th
Register below. All fees are due at the time of registration. Please select your desired method of payment. Payment can be made through PayPal below, over the phone or in person.
2 out of 8 filled and 32 days to go
If you have any questions, contact our Workshop Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon!
MCML Job Opportunity: Museum Exhibit Assistant
The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library seeks a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work exhibit related tasks. Specifically, the student will research, develop, plan and assist with installation of two exhibits planned for late summer / fall 2018. The student will also prepare on-line content related to the exhibits. The student will also assist with light maintenance in the gallery.
The student will also be responsible for visitor services and C2 shop staffing in the absence of the Curator and other staff.
– a post secondary student in history, museum studies, archival studies, or related field, 4th year undergraduate or masters level student preferred
– have demonstrated organizational skills
– have prior experience with museum exhibitions, hands on learning and/or teaching craft.
– experience in museum or archives setting an asset
– excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
– interest in or experience with craft
– ability to work independently
– excellent computer skills, with database experience an asset
This project is funded through Young Canada Works. Any student must:
– be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada.
– be legally entitled to work in Canada. – be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment. – have finished the school term at the start of employment. – be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory.
-be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment. -not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW.
– The position will start on May 31, 2018 and ends on September 1, 2018. The wage is $13.25 per hour for a 35 hour week.
– All work will take place at 1-329 Cumberland Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 1T2
– Send resumes to Andrea Reichert, Curator, by email at email@example.com, by April 30, 2018.
– Additional information can be obtained by calling (204) 615-3951.
The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library is an equal opportunity employer and follows a Non-Discrimination Policy with regard to hiring and all other matters.
Mother’s Day Pop-Up Mug Sale
Find something special for all of the moms in your life at C2 Centre for Craft, May 2 – 5, noon – 4 pm. Open until 9 pm on Friday, May 4.
Join us for a 4 day mom pampering pop-up where you can shop from a selection of handmade wares by local Manitoba artists. Featuring a wide selection of beautiful ceramic mugs in celebration of Mom. Serving tea and sweets on Friday night and Saturday.
Featuring the works of Lin Xu, Terry Hildebrand, Karen Taylor, Valerie Metcalfe, Chris Pancoe, Kathy Koop and Jessica Hodgson.
1-329 Cumberland Ave, Winnipeg MB
Gallery Hours: Wednesday to Saturday, 12 – 4 pm, open until 9 pm on Friday