Share your passion for craft by volunteering at the C2 Centre for Craft. Whether you prefer working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the public, C2 has a place for you.
Contact email@example.com to volunteer today.
C2 Shop & Gallery
The C2 Centre for Craft is home to the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) and the Manitoba Craft Council (MCC). A major feature of the facility is the C2 Shop, a retail operation dedicated to showcasing local fine craft and merchandise related to MCML and MCC. The gallery features 6-8 exhibitions of contemporary and traditional craft per year.
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic and welcoming individuals to join the C2 Shop and Gallery team.
Purpose of the Shop
- To provide sales opportunties for Manitoba craft artists
- To provide visitors a sales venue to purchase fine craft and items related to MCC and MCML
- To provide revenue for MCC and MCML
Purpose of the Gallery
- To highlight Manitoba’s rich craft heritage and vibrant contemporary craft culture
- To engage visitors in the art of craft
- To provide craft artists with a professional venue to exhibit and, where appropriate, sell their work
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent the C2 Centre for Craft, MCC and MCML to the public
- Experience in retail /customer service is an asset
- Good computer and organizational skills
- Passion for craft and its makers and a commitment to being an effective member of the C2 Shop team
Duties and Responsibilites
- Being the first public face at the C2 Centre, providing information about exhibitions, craft artists, other features of the space, and information about the MCC and MCML
- Interact with visitors to the C2 Shop & Gallery, providing information about the work and the artists, showing work to customers, and making sales
- Handling cash and using the Square sales software (operated through an ipad)
- Assisting with inventory and with re-stocking merchandise and packaging
- Light cleaning and dusting
- Following the guidelines and procedures for the C2 Shop
- Working effectively with MCC and MCML staff
- Other duties as assigned and as possible based on individual skill sets and time available
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of the C2 Shop and Gallery’s sensitive and private information to which you may have access
- Volunteers commit to a regular weekly or bi-weekly shift.
- Shift hours are 12 – 4 pm, Wednesday to Saturday – Saturdays are our most urgent need
- A 6-12 month commitment is preferred
- C2 volunteers report to the Director of MCC and the Curator of MCML.
For more information and to volunteer, please call or email:
Tammy Sutherland (MCC) Andrea Reichert (MCML)
204 615.3951 (204) 615-3951