The Burlington Art Centre is now accepting submissions for the exhibition Hot Mud: Emerging Canadian Ceramists, a survey of the most exciting and promising emerging artists working with ceramics in Canada today, selected by senior Canadian artists and curators in five regions across the country. The exhibition will take place in the Lee-Chin Family Gallery at the BAC, from September 7 to November 4, 2013.
Emerging artists are those at an early stage in their careers and have created a modest independent body of work. To be eligible for this exhibition, artists must have completed basic training, are recognized by other artists working in the field, have a history of professional exhibitions and publications, and who have maintained an independent professional practice for a minimum of three years to a maximum of ten years prior to their application. Submissions by individual artists, groups, and collectives will be considered.
- Atlantic Provinces & Newfoundland- Gloria Hickey
- Quebec – Alan Elder
- Ontario – Rachael Gotlieb
- Prairies & the Territories – Greg Payce
- British Columbia – Sally Michener
- Cover letter with current contact information and one paragraph biography
- CV and one page artist statement
- 15 numbered and labeled images, JPG format, no larger than 500kb, with accompanying image list
- Self-addressed return envelope
Hot Mud – PROPOSAL
Burlington Art Centre
1333 Lakeshore Road,
Burlington, ON L7S 1A9
For more information please contact:
George Wale, Director of Programs email@example.com
Jonathan Smith, Curator of Collection firstname.lastname@example.org
Or check the Burlington Arts Centre’s website.