Newport, Nova Scotia
June 25, 2013, 10-5pm
Over one hundred artists will fill the Avondale Sky Winery’s beautiful vineyard grounds on Saturday, June 15th. Last year’s art fair was held at the waterfront in this same community and was considered by all involved to be highly successful. The 2013 fair is being moved to the winery grounds to better accommodate the strong anticipated growth, both in the number of participants and the volume of public anticipated to be in attendance.
Always held the third Saturday in June, you can be sure that you will find exceptional juried art that includes paintings, jewelry, pottery, glass, sculpture, fiber, leather, photography and more. Food vendors will entice you with their unique fair offerings and a talented array of local musicians will perform onstage throughout the day. The fun begins at 10 am and runs until 5 pm.
The Avondale Sky Winery is known for its sailing of the former Walton Church on the Minas Basin to its present location as their retail site. If you haven’t yet visited this renovated historic site, it is a must-see destination! Picnic between the vines, enjoy wine tasting and fabulous food, and feel free to linger into the evening. This is a “must attend event” for the entire family. It’s held in a great little community on the Avon Peninsula. Please plan to join us!
- All work must be of original concept by the exhibitor and the artist must be present at the art fair during the day of the fair.
- Mass produced, commercial or imported products, copies, kits, molded or prefabricated work will not be allowed.
- Only accepted juried artwork can be sold. The art fair committee has the right to remove items not juried into the fair.
- Each booth space is at least 10’ x 10’ with the artists having the option to provide their own or lease their canopy tent.
- Only straight leg canopy tents can be used.
- No more than one booth per applicant is available.
- Displays requiring construction are NOT permitted. Only standard, straight-leg canopy tents or market stalls are permitted.
- Artists must submit 5 images (4 of your work, 1 of your booth) to the Art Fair Committee.
- Submission of images may be via mail (on a CD) OR via email, with no images larger than 1 Mb.
Exhibitor Requirements and Responsibilities
- Exhibitors may set up their booth in the park no earlier than 5pm on Friday night or after the committee has completed booth space layout.
- Final set-up may begin at 7 am on the day of the fair and must be completed for final review no later than 9am.
- All exhibitors must stay with their booth until 5pm. Failure to abide by this requirement will result in automatic rejection from future Avondale Art Fairs.
- Exhibitors are responsible for cleaning up their space and disposing of litter before leaving the park at the end of the day. Please make an effort to take advantage of our recycling bins.
- Artists are solely responsible for all financial transactions at the fair. No payment services are provided to the artists.
- Prepared food and/or beverages cannot be sold from artists’ booths. Food vendors must make a separate application to the Avondale Art Fair.
- After acceptance to the fair by the jury, if you find that you are unable to attend the fair, please contact Kathy Monroe at 902.757.3138 so those on our waiting list will be given every opportunity to fill your available space.
- Cancellations prior to May 1st will receive a refund of booth fee. Note that the service fee portion of this fee ($20) is non-refundable.
March 15, 2013 – Application must be received by Avondale Art Fair committee.
April 15, 2013 – Artists will be notified of acceptance (refunds will be sent to all artists not accepted for art fair)
May 15, 2013 – Last day refunds will be made on artist withdrawls.
To download the application, please click here.