Show us your mugs (or cups, yunomis, steins, etc) and be a part of Medalta’s first annual International Cup Show!
This show – August 23 to September 28- is being juried by Musing About Mud blogger and Canadian ceramic rockstar, Carole Epp.
The submission deadline is Thursday, May 30 so if you’re interested, have a look at the eligibility requirements, important dates and other information on this page and fill out the handy-dandy form below (along with payment). Thanks for your interest and good luck!
Carole Epp is likely best known for her work on Musing About Mud, an online resource of ceramic related content. She is a graduate of the Australian National University, produces two distinct lines of functional and sculptural ceramics, exhibits internationally, and at the end of the day is a mother to two charming young boys.
- The exhibition is open to all international artists.
- Work can be either functional or sculptural so long as it addresses the idea of “the cup”.
- Please submit only original work that has been completed in the last two years.
- All work must use at least 50% fired clay as the primary medium.
- Work must not exceed 2 feet in width.
- All work must be properly prepared for exhibition, be durable enough to survive shipping and display, and come with exhibition/assemblage instructions if applicable. Medalta reserves the right to reject any work that is not suitably prepared for exhibition or that differs from the original submission.
- Medalta reserves the right to use images and photographs of accepted works for the purposes of promotional materials, including postcards, calendars, local media as well as online promotion.
- All entries must be for sale, (priced in Canadian Dollars).
Applications Due May 30th
Email Notification Begins June 15th 2013
Accepted Work Due July 20th 2013
Show Dates August 23rd to September 28th 2013.
Opening reception TBA
All sold and unsold work shipped back October 2013
SHIPMENT OF WORK
All artwork must arrive at Medalta no later than July 20th. Artists are responsible for all shipping and insurance costs to the gallery.
All entries must be for sale, (priced in Canadian Dollars). Medalta will receive commission of 40% on all sales.
Several of the selected artists will be featured on the Musing About Mud blog.
And we’re wrangling more prizes as we speak!
Awards will be determined by the juror and announced at the opening reception. Artists do not need to be present to win.
Students, be sure to identify yourself as such on the submission form below to be eligible for special awards.
Click here for submission form.