Touring Exhibition Program
Visual Arts: Touring Exhibition Program
M.A.N.’s Visual Arts Touring Exhibition Program makes a wide variety of visual art exhibitions available to arts and cultural organizations throughout the province of Manitoba. The purpose of the program is to provide high quality, cost-effective exhibitions to communities that will enhance the awareness and appreciation of regional and national artists, while enhancing art appreciation and education by assisting arts and cultural organizations to develop visual arts programming.
From traditional to contemporary, large to small, and featuring both emerging and established artists along with a balance of media and themes, we try to have a selection of shows available for booking at any given time that will appeal to different audiences and suit different venues and budgets.
While we do not cover the production costs for touring exhibitions, M.A.N. does provide support in terms of developing didactic and educational materials to accompany exhibitions, and will cover costs associated with the professional crating of exhibitions for shipping and insurance of works while on tour.
Selected exhibitions typically tour for a minimum one-year period with the possibility of touring for up to two years.
M.A.N. also pays exhibition fees to both emerging and professional artists based on establish CARFAC guidelines.
To find out more about this program, please visit the Visual Arts section of our website.
Exhibition proposals will be assessed and selected by jury according to the following criteria:
• All visual arts mediums will be considered and we welcome both challenging contemporary work as well as traditional approaches to art making.
• Proposals for solo, two-person and group exhibitions will be considered.
• Proposals for both established exhibitions and exhibitions in development will be considered.
• Exhibitions will be assessed on artistic merit and excellence characterized by such qualities as vitality, originality, relevance, creativity, innovation, experimentation, and technical and professional expertise.
• Exhibition costs will be considered as we aim to provide options to suit all budgets.
• Availability of exhibition to tour for a minimum one-year and up to a two-year period.
• Our exhibitions tour extensively throughout the province and primarily to rural and northern venues. As such, only exhibitions that are physically and logistically suitable for touring will be considered. This includes considerations of crating, and shipping along with the constraints of smaller, non-traditional exhibition spaces (i.e. libraries, museums, community centres, etc.) Once crated, exhibitions must be able to fit through a standard-sized doorway. The maximum size of artworks should not exceed 26” x 36” and exhibition running footage should not exceed 75 feet.
For more information, including the application details, click here.