The Silver City CLAY Festival’s International Juried Exhibition, CLAY in the Garden, requires that each entry demonstrates the artist’s personal interpretation of “CLAY in the Garden,” whether that be in the form of a ceramic vessel, tile, sculpture or garden ornament. Entries will be juried based on creativity and artistic merit.
- CLAY in the Garden: An International Juried Exhibition is open to all artists everywhere.
- All entries must be original and executed since January 1, 2014, and not previously submitted to other shows.
- All works should be no larger than 12″x12″x12″ and prepared for hanging if appropriate for the piece.
- All works are limited to weigh no more than 20 lbs.
- Entries must be made of natural clay with no restrictions as to finish or technique.
- Accepted entries must be available for sale.
- Accepted entries may not be withdrawn or sold outside the exhibition prior to the end of the Silver City CLAY Festival International Juried Exhibition.
- All entries must be sent as 300 dpi digital images on a single CD (requirements below) or via the online entry form. All images will be viewed anonymously.
- A maximum of 3 entries may be submitted.
ENTRY IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
Each entry must be submitted as 3 digital images in JPEG format. Each image must be clearly labeled with its title. Artist’s name must not appear anywhere on the image. Entry form, images, and payment in U.S. Dollars are due on or before June 15, 2015.
- Entries must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2015.
- If accepted, each entry piece must be marked on the back with the artist’s name, title, and retail price.
1 Entry: $30 U.S. Dollars total
2 Entries: $35 U.S. Dollars total
3 Entries: $40 U.S. Dollars total
*International artists must pay using PayPal to avoid currency issues. PayPal payment can be made using the online entry form or by calling: 575-538-5560.
Sheila A. Menzies is the Executive Director and co-founder of the Tile Heritage Foundation, which was formed in 1987 for the preservation of ceramic surfaces in America. The Foundation is a repository of collections and archives about tile making both past and present. Sheila is a craftswoman and a mixed media artist, which includes her ‘hands in clay.’ Over the years she has coordinated educational events for Tile Heritage and other institutions including symposiums, regional and national exhibitions, tile making and mosaic workshops nationwide. Currently she is the primary designer of Tile Heritage’s web presence online and print publications.
CALENDAR FOR ENTRANTS
- June 15 Postmark Deadline for entries
- July 1 Notification of accepted/denied entries
- July 20 Last day to receive accepted entries by CLAY
- July 30 Exhibition Opening & Artists’ Reception
- July 31 – Aug 2 Exhibition open to the public
- August 31 Clayworks shipped for return
$1000.00: 1st Place Tad Van der Weele Memorial Award
$750.00: 2nd Place
$500.00: 3rd Place
$100.00: Tile Heritage Prize (Includes One Year Centurian Membership)
ACCEPTED CLAYWORKS INFORMATION
Notification – Artists will receive email notification if their entry(s) is accepted or not. Artists whose work is accepted will also receive detailed instructions regarding insuring and shipping to and from the Silver City CLAY festival.
Sales – All accepted clayworks must be for sale. The Silver City CLAY Festival will be responsible for sales and will retain 30% of the retail price for its services. Artists’ checks will be sent in a timely manner.
Photography – The Silver City CLAY Festival reserves the right to photograph clayworks for documentation, education, and publicity.
Click here for the online entry form.