CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Manitoba Craft Council Bursary Fund was created to encourage the artistic development of Manitoba craft artists across the spectrum of craft media. All current MCC members are eligible to apply. Proposed projects should be targeted towards professional development activities that may include taking a course or workshop, upgrading or expanding technical and design skills, attending a conference, and/or assisting in other areas of personal craft study. The fund is not intended to support academic courses that are part of a degree programme, creation/production projects or to cover capital costs (eg. purchasing equipment or supplies.)
The fund was established by the former Crafts Guild of Manitoba and is now held in trust by the Winnipeg Foundation. The interest generated by the fund will be awarded to successful applicants. The maximum award amount is $750.
Applicants must be Manitoba residents and current members of the Manitoba Craft Council. Funds must be used within 12 months of notification (approx. Oct 31, 2016). Members are eligible to receive a maximum of 2 bursaries in a five-year period.
To apply, please provide the following:
1. Project Proposal: Provide a detailed description of the project you are proposing. What are you hoping to do? Where, when, with whom? How will the activity benefit your craft practice? If awarded, how will the funds be used? (1 page max.)
2. CV and artist statement. (3 page max.)
3. Budget outlining the proposed project revenues and expenses.
4. 3-5 digital images of your recent work. Use jpeg files with a resolution of 72 dpi, with images’ height or width (whichever is larger) close to 12 in., but not larger. File labeled with the applicant’s name, image number. IE. Smith_001.
5. List of the images, with applicant’s name, image number, title, size (L x W x H), year made and materials used.
Applications may be emailed to submissions@localhost:8888 (please put “Bursary Fund” in the subject line) or mailed to the MCC office, 553-70 Arthur St., Wpg, MB, R3B 1G7.
Award recipients will be asked to submit a report in the form of a blog post, including relevant images, at the project’s conclusion.
Image credit: Sonja Rosenberg, Skyline, Sterling Silver
(MCC member Sonja Rosenberg attended the SNAG conference in 2014 with the help of an MCC Bursary – read all about it in her blog post here.)
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS