The Art Gallery of St Albert (AGSA), a contemporary public art gallery, is seeking submissions from artists working in all styles and mediums for exhibition in the 2017 calendar year.
The Gallery strives to provide an exhibition schedule and corresponding programs that both support educationally challenging art and appeal to its many audiences. Artworks selected for exhibition must provide vision, inspiration and education for residents of St Albert and surrounding communities. They must also reflect originality and a diversity of styles and mediums. The Gallery endeavours to present artists who exhibit locally, nationally and internationally.
Submissions are adjudicated by a panel of visual art professionals who represent a spectrum of expertise in the visual arts. The artists chosen to exhibit will receive CARFAC fees.
Submissions must contain:
- Exhibition Description or Proposal (maximum 500 words).
- Curriculum Vitae/Artist’s Resume with current contact information (address, phone and email).
- Artist’s Statement (maximum 500 words).
- 10 Digital Images demonstrating proposed, in-progress or recent work.
- Corresponding Image List (including artist’s name, title, medium, year of creation and dimensions).
- Colour copies of all images in submission (1 to 3 images per page on standard photocopy paper).
- Self addressed, stamped envelope with correct postage (if artist requires rejected submission to be returned).
- Exhibition Proposal, Artist’s Statement and CV, Image List and colour copies of images in submission must be submitted with the application as printed documents.
- Digital images must be submitted on a CD (images should be JPEG format, 300 dpi preferred, Minimum 4” x 6”). Maximum of 50 MB for all images (total).
- The CD must also contain the corresponding image list, as well as digital copies of the Exhibition Proposal, Artist’s Statement and CV.
- Image files should be numbered and labelled with artist last name and title of artwork; e.g. “1. Smith_Forest Path.jpg, 2. Smith_Forest Road”.
- DVD’s are not accepted for image files. However, video/ sound submissions will be accepted on DVD or CD. Video and sound submissions should be presented as excerpts (max 12 minutes per submission
- Video files must be PC-compatible (viewable with Windows Media Player).
- Submissions will only be accepted if the above requirements are met.
- Email or fax submissions are not accepted.
- Jury decisions are final.
- Deadline for submissions: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 5 pm.
- All applicants will be contacted by Saturday, June 4, 2016.
- Though group submissions are accepted, the gallery recommends artists also submit as individuals.
- Artists may be selected for either solo exhibitions or group exhibitions with compatible artworks. Please clearly indicate if submission is intended for a solo exhibition only.
For more information: Emily Baker, Exhibitions Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org 780.460.4310 19 Perron Street, St Albert AB T8N 1E5
Printable AGSA Floor Plan Call for Submissions Image List Template
– See more at: http://artgalleryofstalbert.ca/exhibitions-events/call-for-submissions/#sthash.4NSaHneE.dpuf
For more information click here.