A biennial juried exhibition of Canadian fibre art
September 9 – November 13, 2016
Fall 2016 marks the 16th edition of Fibreworks, a popular biennial juried exhibition of contemporary Canadian fibre art. It is a showcase of the most current and versatile approaches to fibre as a medium. This exhibition is one of the largest group shows in Canada and serves as a survey of the artists currently working in the medium. As many as 35 artists participate in the exhibition. All works selected are eligible for the Jurors’ Award and may be purchased by Idea Exchange Art + Design (previously Cambridge Galleries) as part of its permanent collection dedicated exclusively to Canadian fibre art. The Fibreworks 2016 exhibition takes place at the Queen’s Square Gallery from September 9 – November 13, 2016.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Idea Exchange Art + Design is looking for Canadian artists working in the fibre medium. Eligible works include any artwork in which fibre or textiles is the principle medium.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Open to all Canadian artists. Limit of 3 entries per artist. Deadline for entry is Monday, March 28, 2016.
- Eligible works include any artwork in which fibre or textiles is the principle element.
- All works must have been completed by the artist within the last 2 years. All works must be of reasonable size, ready to install and available to ship within Canada.
- Each entry may be represented by up to 3 images including details. Each image must be numbered and include the name of the artist and title of each artwork. Please submit images on CD, saved as RBG compatible JPEG files — image size: 1024 x 768 pixels, resolution: 300dpi.
- All submitted information should be in digital format (Word and PDF documents accepted). Include a brief statement (150 words max.) describing each submitted artwork and a 1 page CV. Submissions will not be returned.
- Final selections will be made at the discretion of the jurors. All decisions are final. Selected artists will be notified by June 30, 2016.
- Finalists will receive an honorarium of $100 for each artwork selected. Shipping costs will be covered by the gallery.
- The Jurors’ Award will be announced at the opening reception on Friday, September 9, 2016.
Please submit all documents and images through our online application:https://ideaexchange.submittable.com/submit/49885
For more information, contact Cherie Fawcett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click here.