Call for Submissions – Illuminate the Night
NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG 2016 – Saturday, October 1, 2016
$2,000 Artist Honoraria provided
DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 (by midnight)
- You are an individual artist or you are submitting on behalf of an artists’ collective
- You agree to install your own work and be present at NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG
- You agree to allow images of you and your work to be used by and publicized as part of NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG, Culture Days Manitoba and Winnipeg Arts Council.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Carefully review all these Submission Guidelines and all FOUR sections of the online submission form before beginning your online submission as you will need to upload several documents including Project Description, Installation Details (both 500 word max) and CV (max 2 pages).
- Attach up to 5 supporting image attachments (not to exceed 1MB each) and/or up to two audio / video links.
- Artistic merit of project
- Artistic merit of supporting material / past projects
- Potential to enhance the programming and experience of NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG
- Feasibility of the project, given time and location restraints
- A unique and engaging interpretation of the theme of “Illuminate the Night”. Projects that utilize audience interaction, light and / or illumination are desired.
Ten Illuminate the Night projects will be chosen by jury for NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG 2016.
The organizers reserve the right to choose fewer or more projects as needed.
Each project will be given a $2,000 artist honorarium, made possible by the Winnipeg Arts Council.
Half of the honorarium will be paid once project is chosen and an agreement is signed. The other half will be paid after the project is presented at Nuit Blanche Winnipeg.
- All installations/exhibits must be open the entire night of October 1 (approx. 6pm to 4am).
- If you are submitting a time sensitive performance, please detail how many performances are planned throughout the night and the length of each performance.
- Projects must be free of charge to the public. Cover charges and entry fees to project premises are not permitted.
- Aside from the artist honorarium, project and travel funding is the responsibility of the artist or group.
- Projects must be located in one of the three designated zones of NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- By submitting to Illuminate the Night you agree that you have read and agree to all guidelines.
- For updated information on this or other initiatives please visit www.nuitblanchewinnipeg.ca
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
Projects selected for Illuminate the Night will benefit from an umbrella marketing campaign to promote the overall event, driving attention to the website and printed guide. The campaign will include media partnerships and an integrated advertising campaign (outdoor, print, online, radio and television), plus a multi-level PR and social media campaign in association with Culture Days Manitoba.
Selected projects and all information (including artist bio, images, and all event details) will be included in promotional materials including the event guide, website, social media and PR initiatives. Participation in NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG will expose a considerable audience to your project and/or venue. Depending on your project and location, foot traffic ranges from several hundred to several thousand people.
VENUES / ZONES
Artists are strongly encouraged to create proposals for specific venues in one of the three official zones
(the Exchange, Downtown, and St. Boniface) and to secure their own locations prior to submission.
Culture Days Manitoba staff and the NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG committee will assist in securing preferred locations if possible, however venues are subject to availability.
We encourage the use of creative locations. Past locations have included parking garages, alleyways, parks, office buildings and sidewalks.
Please note: Applicants interested in using public spaces such as parks, sidewalks or roads are responsible for securing their own permits through the City of Winnipeg Film & Special Events Office. All artists are encouraged to contact them as soon as possible.
You will be notified by email by Tuesday, July 12, 2016 if your project has been chosen for NUIT BLANCHE WINNIPEG 2016: Illuminate the Night.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-942-8221