An annual exhibition of Manitoba Fibre Art
Exhibition Date: September 31 (5-9pm) – October 1, 2016 (10-4pm)
Location: Red River Exhibition Park, Winnipeg
Deadline for Submissions: Friday September 9, 2016
Limit of 3 entries per artist
Open to all Manitoba artists.
The Manitoba Fibre festival is going into its fourth year. This year we are introducing a curated exhibition showcasing the diversity of fibre art in Manitoba. Because this is our first year curating an exhibition we are very open minded and will let the work guide the show. We are interested in seeing what is happening in fibre art in Manitoba from the traditional to the unique.
Call for submissions
The Manitoba Fibre Festival is looking for Manitoba artists working with fibre.
- Open to all Manitoba artists.
- Eligible works include any artwork in which natural fibres or textiles is the principle medium or where a fibre technique has been used. We are looking for a range of work from wall hangings to sculpture and installation, that use techniques from weaving, and natural dyeing to knitting, felting and sewing, all of which celebrate the diversity of natural fibres.
- The artist must have completed all works within the last 3 years. All works must be ready to install.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please submit all documents and images by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to P.O. Box 179, Pierson MB R0M 1S0 with the subject MFF Submission.
Deadline for entry is September 9, 2016
Limit of 3 entries per artist.
Submissions can be e-mailed or mailed and must include the following:
- Artist’s name, Address, phone number, e-mail, website, facebook, and other social media.
- Current CV and Artist Bio
- Artist statement(s)
- For each work submitted please include its title, dimensions and medium.
- Each entry may be represented by up to 2 images including details. Each image must be numbered and include the name of the artist and title of each artwork.
Please submit images on CD or by e-mail, JPEG files — resolution: 300dpi. Include sale price or NFS.
- All submitted information should be in digital format (Word (doc.) and PDF documents accepted). Include a brief statement (150 words max.) describing each submitted artwork.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- All decisions are final. Selected artists will be notified by September 10, 2016.
- Selected works can be mailed to Manitoba Fibre Festival c/o 3977 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3K 2E8 or phone 204-888-6990 to arrange a drop off time during office hours. A secondary drop off location in Winnipeg is being arranged and will be shared with the selected artists. Work must be there no later than September 30, 2016. Work must be ready to hang with typed installation instructions, if needed. Clearly label work on the back with artist name and title.
- Sale of work is subject to 15% commission. Proceeds from commission will go directly into the cost of mounting this exhibition.
- Work must be available for the duration of the exhibition. Work must be picked up between 4 pm and 5pm on October 1st at the Festival unless they are to be mailed back. Shipping charges are the responsibility of the artist and return labels should accompany the work.
For more information, contact Morag Schonken at email@example.com
For more information click here.