The Travel component of Arts Across Canada funds activities linked to Canadian presentation, exhibition, artistic collaboration, networking and building market opportunities for Canadian artists, arts professionals, artistic groups and arts organizations. Grants provide support to participate in significant events, build a national presence and for festivals and presenters to conduct research for Canadian artistic programming.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Travel must be within Canada, at least 300 kilometres from your place of departure, and by invitation. You can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip to:
- develop markets and networks (including participation in official showcases)
- present artistic work
- participate in significant events
- explore future artistic collaborations
- build on an existing tour (for a single representative of a group or organization)
- prospection for exhibition tours (directors and curators only)
Or, for the following activity that does not require an invitation, to:
- research artistic content for programming in Canadian festivals, exhibitions or presentations
You can’t apply for activities that occur before your departure start date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
For more info, click here.