Deadline to apply July 31, 2018 5:00 pm
The Manitoba Craft Council is seeking expressions of interest from professional craft artists who wish to offer hands on classes at the C2 Centre for Craft.
Craft is a slow process that is best understood through participation. The Manitoba Craft Council has always aimed to promote and advocate for fine craft and its makers in Manitoba, and we are excited to be offering high quality, craft-based workshops to the public at C2.
– Classes will take place over 4 consecutive Saturday afternoons
– Each class will be 1.5 hours long for a total of 6 hours class time
– Location: C2 Centre for Craft programming room (232 square feet with full kitchen)
– Max 8 students
Instructor Fee: $400
All candidates should:
– be passionate about sharing their knowledge and craft skills
– be effective communicators with teaching experience
– have knowledge, training and demonstrated technical ability in their craft medium
C2 Class Sessions – 2018/2019
Fall 2 (2018) – November 3, 10, 17, 24
Winter 1 (2018) – February 2, 9, 16, 23
Spring 1 (2019)– May 4, 11, 18, 25
Spring 2 (2019) – June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com
- Your name and media of expertise
- A curriculum vitae highlighting your professional exhibition and teaching background (3 page max)
- A brief outline for 6 hours of instruction over 4 classes (1 page max)
- A student supply list with estimated budget
- Your session preferences (see below)
- 3-5 high quality images of your work that relate to the proposed class content, with image list.
Please carefully read the attached information sheet for full details before applying:
Have a great idea for a workshop that doesn’t fit this format? Have any questions?
Please contact Franchesca Hebert-Spence at firstname.lastname@example.org