Centre Materia is a artist center and exhibition place dedicated to showcasing fine crafts. Centre Materia is looking for work from a fine crafter that emerges from significant research and goes beyond the traditional functions of the objects.
This call for proposals is open to professional artists/craftspersons from the province of Quebec, from Canada and from abroad, whose practice is tied to fine crafts through the techniques or material they use. Their works must emerge from significant research and go beyond the traditional functions of the objects. Materia also invites exhibition curators and organisations to submit innovating projects devoted to the advancement of fine crafts.
For more info click the link HERE
Content of the proposal for Artists/Craftspersons
- Artistic approach (250 words max.)
- Project description (500 words max.)
- Technical plan (exhibition room: 162 m2 / plan available below)
- 5 to 10 good-quality photographs of recent works: present one image per page and include its description at the bottom of the page (title, date, material, dimensions, photo credit)
- Recent resume (3 pages max.)
- Any other relevant document (examples: sketch, press review)