Manitoba Craft Council hosts 2-3 exhibitions per year by contemporary craft artists, in addition to our Member and Juried Exhibitions. We encourage applications from contemporary craft artists and curators, groups and collectives in all craft media for the 2019/2020 calendar year.
MCC exhibitions investigate, expand or challenge the boundaries of contemporary and traditional craft. They position craft artists as leaders in exploring how craft media, techniques, culture and history intersect.
MCC’s exhibition selections are made by a jury consisting of Manitoba-based artists/curators, MCC staff and board. The MCC jury reviews submissions within the context of MCC’s exhibition policy and available resources.
The MCC is committed to upholding professional standards including the payment of artist, curatorial and jury fees in accordance with CARFAC guidelines. Professionally designed written materials will be prepared to accompany all exhibitions. All exhibitions will be promoted through MCC media and social media networks. Ancillary programming will be developed to encourage audience engagement in all MCC exhibitions.
Get a sense of MCC by visiting our website, c2centreforcraft.ca and social media platforms. To see a floor plan of the Shirley Richardson Craft Gallery visit: https://c2centreforcraft.ca/shirley-richardson-gallery-floor-plan/
Please call (204) 615.3951 or email email@example.com if you have other questions.
MCC will only exhibit work that has not previously been shown in a solo exhibition in Winnipeg. Submissions must be made digitally. While priority will be given to Manitoba based artists, the call is open to national and international artists as well.
Please upload one PDF with your full name as the file name, including:
- Cover Letter(1 page max)
- Artist and/or curatorial statement (1 page max)
- Project proposal (1 page max)
- Current CV (3 pages max)
- Install description/schedule and equipment list with itemization of special technical needs (if applicable, 1 page max)
- Support Material can include a combination of the following:
- images of past work or work in development (up to a maximum of 10 images in PDF format)
- pieces of writing such as essays and reviews
- links to video or audio on web streaming platforms such as Vimeo, Sound Cloud, etc.
- all support material must be labelled to match image list in format
- Image List (1 page max): List images and supporting documents in same order and by same name as they appear in your submission. Number the items and include the title of the work, medium, dimensions and date. For video, sound and other time-based work, please include the duration of the work instead of dimensions.
Proposals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org