MCML is holding an animal themed fundraising auction in fall 2020 and is seeking submissions of both functional and decorative works from artists and craftspeople in the community.
Compelled to make cat armour? Have a penchant for penguin sweaters? Accessories for a corn snake or a glorious golden lab, a beautiful butterfly pendant or a play structure for a hamster?
Whether you are inspired by your pets or by animals in nature, all items will be auctioned on-line (or if possible in-person) with the event to be held in early November, 2020.
Each piece will be featured individually for the auction with a photograph, a written description of the work, and a short artist bio.
All proceeds will support exhibits, programming, collections care and other activities of MCML.
Recognizing the important contributions of artists to this event, there is the option to share the profits with 50%, 75% or 100% to MCML – your choice.
- Donated work will be sold by auction with the starting bids determined by the artist ($25 or higher).
- All proceeds from the auction will support the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library.
- Submission forms will be acknowledged within one week of receipt.
- The deadline to submit is Sunday, October 4, 2020. We cannot accept late submissions.
- If the work remains unsold at the end of the auction the MCML will arrange for pick up in person or return shipping of the work at the donor’s expense.
- All donations will be acknowledged with a tax receipt equal to the amount paid for their work at the auction. Tax receipts will be sent to the contributing artists after the event.
- MCML assumes no responsibility for damage or loss to any donated items.
- MCML reserves the right to use your artwork for promotional purposes related to Craft and Critters Fundraising Auction.
- Works can be dropped off at MCML by October 16, 2020.
- Works also be shipped at artist’s expense to:
Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library, 1-329 Cumberland Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 1T2
Please contact Andrea Reichert at MCML with any questions or concerns:
(204) 615-3951 or firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MCML!