CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline: January 8, 2021
The Manitoba Craft Council Bursary Fund was created to encourage the artistic development of Manitoba craft artists across the spectrum of craft media. All current MCC members are eligible to apply. Proposed projects should be targeted towards professional development activities that may include taking a course or workshop, upgrading or expanding technical and design skills, attending a conference, and/or assisting in other areas of personal craft study. The fund is not intended to support academic courses that are part of a degree programme, creation/production projects or to cover capital costs (eg. purchasing equipment or supplies.) Given the potential restrictions presented by COVID-19, priority will be given to activities that can be done remotely or within the province.
The fund was established by the former Crafts Guild of Manitoba and is now held in trust by the Winnipeg Foundation. The interest generated by the fund will be awarded to successful applicants. The maximum award amount is $750.
Applicants must be Manitoba residents and current members of the Manitoba Craft Council. Funds must be used within 12 months of notification (approx. Feb 1, 2022). Members are eligible to receive a maximum of 2 bursaries in a five-year period.
Please submit applications via the Google Form here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAiwiMvMYB9pU1KNjjbmK519Nk0M1iMCLSsfMk5xPkwsdrsQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
You will be asked to upload the following:
- One Word or PDF file containing:
- Project Proposal: Provide a detailed description of the project you are proposing. What are you hoping to do? Where, when, with whom? How will the activity benefit your craft practice? If awarded, how will the funds be used? (1 page max.)
- CV and artist statement. (3 page max.)
- Budget outlining the proposed project revenues and expenses.
- List of the images, with applicant’s name, image number, title, size (L x W x H), year made and materials used.
- Up to five image files
Award recipients will be asked to submit a report in the form of a blog post, including relevant images, at the project’s conclusion.