Deadline: December 3, 2021
The Manitoba Craft Council Bursary Fund was created to encourage the artistic development of Manitoba craft artists across the spectrum of craft media.
All current MCC members are eligible to apply. Proposed projects should be targeted towards professional development activities that may include taking a course or workshop, upgrading or expanding technical and design skills, attending an online conference, working with a mentor, and/or assisting in other areas of personal craft study. The fund is not intended to support academic courses that are part of a degree programme, the creation or production of artist projects or to cover capital costs (eg. purchasing equipment or supplies.) At this time, priority will be given to activities that can be done within the scope of current health restrictions and are not travel dependent.
The maximum award amount is $500.
Applicants must be Manitoba residents and current members of the Manitoba Craft Council. Funds must be used within 12 months of notification (approx. February 1, 2023). Members are eligible to receive a maximum of 2 bursaries in a five-year period.
Please submit applications via the Google Form here:
You will be asked to upload the following:
- One Word or PDF file containing:
- Project Proposal: Provide a detailed description of the project you are proposing. What are you hoping to do? Where, when, with whom? How will the activity benefit your craft practice? If awarded, how will the funds be used? (1 page max.)
- Artist CV (3 page max.)
- Budget outlining the proposed project revenues and expenses.
- List of the images, with applicant’s name, image number, title, size (L x W x H), year made and materials used.
- Up to five image files showing your work
Award recipients will be asked to submit a report in the form of a blog post, including relevant images, at the project’s conclusion.