The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) and Ross House Museum are partnering on an ambitious and exciting project: Indigenous Beadwork, Embroidery and Quillwork: A Cultural Celebration. This will include an exhibit of Indigenous beadwork, embroidery and quillwork from a number of museums across Manitoba, to be hosted at MCML in March and April 2023.
Please include a short biography about yourself, between 250-300 words. Think of this biography as an introduction about yourself. It could include; community which you belong to, your creative process, how long you have been practicing this medium etc.
We will be selecting three artists to exhibit their work alongside these historic pieces.
Submission Form Deadline: November 1, 2022
Notification to Applicants: November 30, 2022
Drop off Physical Piece: January 11 – 20, 2023
Exhibit Dates: March 3 – April 29, 2022
- We are seeking work by Indigenous artists from Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library
- Submit either one piece of recent work (made in the last three years) already completed or a proposal for a piece which you will complete by January 11, 2023
- Work must be of original design; it may be functional, decorative, or conceptual
- Work must include beadwork, embroidery and/or quillwork in some way
- If submitting a piece which has not been completed yet, in lieu of photos of the piece, you may submit photos of sketches
- Please do not submit non-craft items such as: paintings, drawings, photography etc.
- Artists/craftspeople will receive a $500 exhibit fee, payable at the start of the exhibit.
- Work can be for sale if desired. You will receive a 60% commission for work sold during the exhibition.
- All work will remain on display for the full duration of the show.
- MCML will be promoting the exhibition through its media and social media networks. All participating artists are encouraged to promote the exhibition widely through their social media and personal networks as well. Digital promotional materials for the show will be sent to all participating artists.
Submit your work through the Google Form.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact email@example.com.