CraftED: the Tote-all Leather Bag with Sheila Cailleau
October 14 + 21, 2023 | 12:30 – 3:30pm
Registration Deadline: September 19, 2023
Learn to sew a carry-everything leather bag perfect for fall and winter in this workshop with Sheila Cailleau. Some comfort with basic sewing is beneficial for registrants. At the end of this workshop, participants will have a fully completed 18” x 18” tote bag.
Participants will learn to: Sew a blanket stitch with a glover needle using artificial sinew, make a leather thimble, sew and place straps, attaching findings to leather, and create their full bag.
Please note: this class will have homework between the first and second session to ensure your bag is completed during the classroom time.
– Dimensions of finished bag: 18”h x 18”w x 6”d
– Registrants can select two colours for the final bag (see below). The bag shown in the workshop marketing has black as the primary colour, and bone as the accent colour.
– Water Bottle sleeve on the inside of the bag
– Pockets on the inside and outside
– Custom strap length up to 36”
– Lobster clasp key holder on the inside
– Magnetic closure
Workshop Runs: October 14 + 21, 2023
12:30 – 3:30 pm
- Registration is non-refundable
Registration deadline: September 19th, 2023
Register through the form below! Once your registration form has been submitted stay on this page, as you will be redirected to a form for payment for the workshop which will complete your registration.
Any questions regarding this workshop?
Contact MCC Programme Coordinator, Katrina Craig at [email protected] or (204) 615-3951.